The Small Print
When you book your holiday at The Old Piggery, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
Before your holiday:
1. Reservations made by letter, phone or email are held for 7 days pending the arrival of your booking form and a 33% deposit to confirm your booking.
2. We accept payment in UK pounds by personal cheque drawn on a UK bank account. For overseas customers only, we can accept payment in UK pounds via Paypal – subject to an additional 5% being added to the cost of the holiday to cover our Paypal fees.
3. We reserve the right to pass on to you any bank charges and other costs we incur if payment is made in a foreign currency or by any other method not normally accepted by us or if we have to re-present a cheque if your cheque bounces.
4. The remaining balance for your holiday is due 6 weeks before your arrival day.
5. If the remaining balance is not received by 6 weeks before your arrival day, the deposit will be forfeited and we will be entitled to re-let the property.
6. If you book within 6 weeks of your arrival day, then the full balance of your holiday is payable at the time of booking.
7. No VAT is charged on the price of your holiday. We are therefore unable to provide you with a VAT invoice.
8. We recommend that you take out travel and cancellation insurance.
9. If you need to cancel your booking, please do so in writing. We will attempt to re-let the property for the period of your booking – but we may have to do so at a discounted rate, particularly if you cancel very close to your arrival date. If we are unable to re-let the property, no refund will be payable. If we are able to re-let, a refund will be payable to you which will be calculated as the money you have paid to date minus any discount that we have had to give to secure a letting for the property minus a £25 administration charge.
10. Disasters can happen. In the event of our being unable, for any reason, to honour your booking, our liability will be restricted to repayment of the deposit/balance received from you to date. We will not be liable for providing you with alternative accommodation.
During your Holiday
11. The Old Piggery will be available from 4pm on your day of arrival. The property must be vacated by 10am on your departure date to enable us to clean and restock the cottage for our next guests. We are happy to discuss earlier arrival times and later departure times with you, but we can’t guarantee them.
12. The cost of electricity and gas is included in your holiday price, and no extra charge will be made. One bundle of wood for use in the wood burning stove is included in your holiday price. If you require more than this, you can purchase logs at a number of local outlets.
13. You will be provided with one set of keys for the property for use during your stay. Please ensure that you leave these in the property on your departure. If you do not leave them in the property on your departure, we reserve the right to charge you for a replacement set to be made.
14. We provide bedding, towels, bath mat, and tea towels for the duration of your visit. If your stay is for one week or less, one set of linen is provided. If your stay is for longer than one week, then we will provide a clean set of linen for each week (or part thereof) of your stay.
15. If you are bringing your dog(s), please arrange with your vet for them to be “Frontlined” 2 weeks before your arrival.
16. If you are bringing your dog(s), please do not leave them unsupervised in The Old Piggery for periods longer than an hour. If you know they can be destructive when left alone, or they suffer from separation anxiety, please do not leave them unsupervised for any period.
17. Please leave The Old Piggery and the garden area in a clean and tidy condition on your departure. Cleaning materials are provided for this purpose. Please clean up in the garden after your dog. A ready supply of poo bags are available to you at all times!
18. If you leave the property in a condition that results in additional cleaning time, over and above what is customary, you will be sent a charge both for the additional time involved and for any necessary specialist cleaning of soft furnishings.
19. Smoking is not permitted inside the property. If, on your departure, it is apparent that you have been smoking inside the cottage, you will be liable for the cost of the additional cleaning required.
20. You are welcome to smoke in the garden area of the cottage, but please dispose of your cigarette butts before your departure.
21. If furnishings, fixtures or fittings are damaged during your stay, you will be liable for their repair or replacement. However, we do appreciate that accidents can happen, so we won’t charge for small breakages that happen because of day-to-day use. All we ask is that any breakages or damage are advised to us during your stay so that remedial action can be taken as soon as possible.
22. If, during your stay, the appliances in The Old Piggery break down, we will make our best efforts to ensure a swift repair/replacement of the item. However, you must accept that it may be impossible to deal with every eventuality during the course of a booking period. Where a breakdown is determined to be a direct result of your misuse of the item, we reserve the right to charge you for the full cost of repair or replacement
23. We reserve the right of reasonable access to the property at all times. Of course we will try our hardest to advise you in advance if we need to access the property – but in the case of an emergency, this may not always be possible.
24. We do not accept liability for any damage, loss or injury to you or any member of your party or any vehicle or possessions in or around The Old Piggery during your stay.
25. We value the good relations that we have with our neighbours. Please do not cause a nuisance in the cottage or in the vicinity of the cottage during your stay. If, in the reasonable opinion of ourselves, any member of your party is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or danger or significant annoyance to others, your booking will be terminated. In this case we will not have any further liability and no refund shall be due.
26. The Old Piggery is located in a rural area. Please remember the Countryside Code and treat our landscape with respect. There are farmers’ fields close to The Old Piggery that frequently contain livestock. Please don’t let your dogs run off-lead in or around these fields. Remember that the residents of a field can change on a daily basis – so please don’t assume that if the field didn’t have cows in it yesterday, then it won’t have them in today. It might.
After your holiday:
27. Left Items. If you leave any items in The Old Piggery on your departure, we will notify you and ask whether you wish for us to return them to you. We will return them provided that you agree to meet the cost of returning the item. We will pack the item(s) appropriately, but we can accept no responsibility for loss or damage in transit. If you do not wish for a left item to be returned, we will dispose of it as necessary but reserve the right to levy a charge for any items which are hazardous or difficult to dispose of.
28. Data Protection Policy. In order to process your booking and to help ensure that your holiday runs smoothly and meets your requirements we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, any special needs, etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We will not share your data with any third party.
We will hold the information you provide to us, and may use it to inform you of offers in the future or to send you brochures etc. If you do not wish to receive such approaches in the future, please write to us.